Join Our Team
The mission of Cancer Pathways (formerly Gilda’s Club Seattle) is to ensure that no one has to face cancer alone. Cancer Pathways offers programs of educational, supportive, and community options for men, women, teens and children living with cancer along with their families and friends. Programs are offered in Seattle and throughout the State with collaborating partners in varied locations such as hospitals, community centers and schools. Services are provided free of charge to participants eliminating financial barriers to participation.
Cancer Pathways is an equal opportunity employer.
Cancer Pathways has two Health Educator positions available to present our Cancer Happens® Teen Education Program to students in their high school and middle school classes during the 2019-2020 school year. Each health educator will primarily serve participating schools in either Snohomish county or Pierce county, with some overlap in King county. This is a contract position with an average of 10-15 hours per week with some flexibility for scheduling weekly presentations. Training will be held in Seattle and all marketing and scheduling of presentations will be provided by Cancer Pathways. This is an excellent opportunity for highly motivated individuals seeking part-time, meaningful work experience. Hourly contract rate, mileage, tolls, and parking fees are reimbursed.
Key Job responsibilities:
- Present Cancer Happens® in high school and middle school classrooms
- Keep in communication with Cancer Pathways to stay current on cancer-related issues
- Administer student and teacher surveys at the end of each presentation
- Refer students and teachers to appropriate support resources and volunteering opportunities at Cancer Pathways
- Provide program feedback to the Program Director
- Ability to communicate effectively with teens
- A background in public health, communications, education, social work, health sciences or medically related field is preferred.
- You will need a reliable car. Additional county coverage available based on educator’s preference and availability.
- 1-2 full days of availability during school hours, Monday-Friday
- A business license in one’s residing city is required at time of hire.
- Must pass Washington State Patrol background check.
Please email your resume and cover letter, also indicating your preferred county (Snohomish/Pierce) to Mary Nicholas at Mary@cancerpathways.org.