- Equip professionals with tools and skills to effectively navigate cancer in the workplace when an employee or manager becomes a cancer patient or caregiver.
- Provide general understanding of how cancer diagnoses, prognoses, treatment, and outcomes vastly vary.
- Teach key communication strategies surrounding cancer topics.
- Improve understanding of employment law and implications of new FMLA policy to be implemented in 2020.
- Discover realities of survivorship in the workplace.
- Define reasonable accommodations pertinent to cancer in the workplace.
- Keynote: Survivorship in the Workplace
- Clinical expert focuses on the psychology and symptom management for cancer survivors during and after treatment.
- Presenter: Karen Syrjala, PhD | Co-Director, Fred Hutchinson Survivorship Program
- Employment Law & Case Review
- Presented jointly by both plaintiff and defense attorneys, this session educates on local, state, and federal regulations related to serious medical conditions and provides updates on recent case law.
- Presenter: Krista Hardwick, JD | Shareholder, Lane Powell PC
- Presenter: Elizabeth Hanley, JD | Member, Reed Longyear Malnati and Ahrens PLLC
- Advocacy Roundtable
- Analysis of current policies, issues not addressed in current policy, upcoming policy agenda items, and more to ensure smoother navigation of cancer in the workplace.
- Moderator: Anne Bryant | Senior Director of Government Relations, Physicians Insurance a Mutual Company
- Amy Anderson, MHPA, JD | Government Affairs Director, Association of Washington Business
- Cancer Mythbusters & Communicating with Those Affected by Cancer
- Education on many myths about cancer, treatment, and recovery. What you don't know about cancer may surprise you!
- Presenter: Teri Pollastro | Cancer Research & Patient Advocate
- Employer Perspective: Navigating Cancer
- Employers are significantly impacted by cancer during treatment and after. Learn how employers have navigated cancer in the workplace.
- Panelists: G. Burkhard Mackensen, MD, PhD, FASE | Division Chief, UW Medicine Heart Institute & University of Washington & more
- Stories from the Workplace
- Cancer survivors share their personal experiences with managing cancer at work. Learn best practices from employees who have faced cancer in the workplace.
- Panelists: Ashley Walker | University of Washington & others
- Spotlight: Caregiving While Working
- Caregivers share their personal experiences about working and caring for spouses and children during their cancer journeys.
- Chris Thompson, MHA | UW School of Medicine
- Karen Bienz | Microsoft
- Kelly Mudaliar | The Electricians
- Human resources specialists
- Healthcare professionals
- Thursday, November 7, 2019 | 8:00am - 4:00pm
- Fourth & Madison Conference Center (Suite 400) in Seattle, WA
- $150 registration
For more information or question, email us or call 206.709.1400.