Formerly known as When Cancer Comes to Work Conference
- Equip professionals with communication tools to support colleagues touched by cancer
- Raise awareness of cancer diagnoses, treatment, and outcomes' varying impact on work adjustment
- Enhance understanding of employment law; implications of the Family and Medical Leave Act
- Learn realities of survivorship - research and first-hand experience
- Develop a win-win approach to reasonable accommodations in the workplace
- Keynote: Survivorship in the Workplace
- Clinical expert focuses on the psychology and symptom management for cancer survivors during and after treatment.
- Presenter: Jean Yi, PhD | Senior Staff Scientist, Fred Hutch
- Employment Law & Case Review
- Presented jointly by both plaintiff and defense attorneys, this session educates on local, state, and federal regulations related to serious medical conditions and provides updates on recent case law.
- Presenter: Krista Hardwick, JD | Shareholder, Lane Powell PC
- Presenter: Elizabeth Hanley, JD | Member, Reed Longyear Malnati and Ahrens PLLC
- Advocacy Roundtable
- Analysis of current policies, issues not addressed in current policy, upcoming policy agenda items, and more to ensure smoother navigation of cancer in the workplace.
- Moderator: Anne Bryant | Senior Director of Government Relations, Physicians Insurance a Mutual Company
- Amy Anderson, MHPA, JD | Government Affairs Director, Association of Washington Business
- Cancer Mythbusters & Communicating with Those Affected by Cancer
- Education on many myths about cancer, treatment, and recovery. What you don't know about cancer may surprise you!
- Presenter: Teri Pollastro | Cancer Research & Patient Advocate
- Employer Perspective: Navigating Cancer
- Employers are significantly impacted by cancer during treatment and after. Learn how employers have navigated cancer in the workplace.
- Panelists: G. Burkhard Mackensen, MD, PhD, FASE | Division Chief, UW Medicine Heart Institute & University of Washington & more
- Stories from the Workplace
- Cancer survivors share their personal experiences with managing cancer at work. Learn best practices from employees who have faced cancer in the workplace.
- Ashley Walker | University of Washington
- Rebekah Willis | Boeing
- Spotlight: Caregiving While Working
- Caregivers share their personal experiences about working and caring for spouses and children during their cancer journeys.
- Karen Bienz | Microsoft
- Kelly Mudaliar | The Electricians
- Chris Thompson, MHA | UW School of Medicine
- Business Owners
- Human resources specialists
- Healthcare professionals
- Thursday, November 7, 2019 | 8:00am - 4:00pm
- Fourth & Madison Conference Center (Suite 400) in Seattle, WA
- $150 registration
- Formerly known as When Cancer Comes to Work Conference
For more information or questions on the conference, email us or call 206.709.1400.
Learn about Cancer Illuminated.
Thank you to conference sponsors, supporters, and exhibitors: