We are still here for you.
Welcome to our Support Group information page!
Our support groups are for anyone experiencing the impacts of cancer. A support group can help by providing a sense of belonging, a place to share your feelings and exchange information with others who have similar experiences with cancer.
All of Cancer Pathways’ support groups are facilitated by licensed clinical social workers (MSW/LCSW) and are free of charge.
Joining a group is simple. First, register online so that our social worker can reach out to you.
Currently, all of our cancer support groups are online. We are happy to assist you in getting set up on our Zoom platform.
When you join a support group, you will be:
- Welcomed into an inclusive environment: a safe place to express your emotions and be heard.
- Offered opportunities for education and information.
- Provided with emotional support, rather than clinical support, to help coordinate the right support for you.
- Assured that this is a safe environment.
What is a typical session like?
- Each session, ranging from 30 min-120 min takes place with all group members present on a Zoom video platform.
- At the beginning of each session, our facilitator discusses group expectations to ensure that all people feel comfortable sharing their experiences.
- For the remainder of the session, group members will have the opportunity to touch on various topics and themes, which arise naturally from the discussion. Our facilitator will work to ensure that everyone is heard and treated with respect.
Are there any additional benefits in joining Cancer Pathways’ support group?
- You have the option to receive additional information from us such as our newsletter.
- You have the option to participate in upcoming social events or volunteer opportunities.
- If you would like individual mental health counseling, we are happy to provide you with referrals.
Questions? Feel free to email Michelle Massey or call us (206) 709-1400. We will try to get back to you within 24 hours.
All times are PST.
Living with Cancer
Group A: 1st and 3rd Tuesdays, 6:30-8:00pm
Group B: 2nd and 4th Wednesdays, 6:30-8:00pm
Emotional support for anyone living with cancer.
Supportive group for anyone who has a family member or friend with cancer.
Group A: Every Thursday, 6:30-8:30pm
Group B: 2nd and 4th Tuesdays, 4:00-5:00pm
Supportive group for anyone who has lost a loved one to cancer.
Mindfulness-Based Arts Group
1st and 3rd Wednesdays, 12:00-2:00pm
Therapeutic art and mindfulness group for people living with cancer and their loved ones.
1st Wednesdays of the month, 6:30-8:00pm
Join others living with cancer to explore employment concerns and challenges.
Lung Cancer Group
2nd and 4th Tuesdays, 6:30-8:00pm
Join others living with lung cancer to share experiences in a confidential and supportive environment.
Every Thursday, 11:00-11:30am
Join us for 30 min as we use mindfulness approaches to focus on living life with thoughtfulness and intent.
Parents Living with Cancer Group
2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month, 5:00-6:00pm
This support group offers a space for parents with children under age 18 to share and discuss the challenges they face when cancer is in the family. We discuss topics such as communicating with kids, family functioning, relationships, behavior changes in kids, grief and loss, maintaining hope, family resources, and more. This is a confidential group facilitated by a licensed clinician.
Parent Grief Group
1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month, 5:00-6:00pm
This support group offers a space for parents with children under age 18 to share and discuss the challenges they face when their family has lost someone to cancer. We discuss topics such as grief reactions in kids, activities and resources for families, anger, fear, adjusting to a death, meaning-making, and more. This is a confidential group facilitated by a licensed clinician.
Children’s Expressive Arts Group
This group is not currently meeting, but will resume when it is safe to gather.
This support group provides a safe space for children to identify and express their emotions, thoughts, and questions related to cancer. This group is available to children who have a family member with cancer or who have recently lost a family member to cancer. Children participate in an art or drama therapy project led by a licensed clinician. Appropriate for children ages 5-12.
We host numerous events that educate, support and enrich our community. Join us at no cost to you!