We are here for you.
Our support groups are for anyone experiencing the impacts of cancer, including patients, caregivers, family members, survivors, and those who are mourning. A support group can help provide a sense of belonging and be a place to share your feelings and exchange information with others who have similar experiences with cancer.
All of Cancer Pathways’ support groups are facilitated by licensed clinical social workers (MSW/LCSW) and are free of charge. All groups are being held virtually, via Zoom.
Joining a group is simple! Please fill out our Interest Form so our social workers can reach out to you.
When you join a support group, you will be:
- Welcomed into an inclusive environment: a safe place to express your emotions and be heard.
- Offered opportunities for education and information.
- Provided with social and emotional support.
- Assured a safe environment.
What is a typical session like?
- Each session ranges from 30 minutes to 120 minutes and takes place with all group members present on Zoom.
- At the beginning of each session, our facilitator discusses group expectations to ensure that all people feel comfortable sharing their experiences.
- For the remainder of the session, group members will have the opportunity to touch on various topics and themes, which arise naturally from the discussion. Our facilitator will work to ensure that everyone is heard and treated with respect.
Are there any additional benefits to joining a Cancer Pathways support group?
- You can participate in our social events, fundraising events, and volunteer opportunities.
- You can receive additional information about our programs and subscribe to our quarterly newsletter.
- If you would like individual mental health counseling, we are happy to provide referrals.
Questions? Feel free to email Michelle Massey or call us at (206) 709-1400. We will try to get back to you within 24 hours.
All times are PST.
Living with Cancer
Group A: 1st and 3rd Tuesdays, 6:30-8:00pm
Group B: 2nd and 4th Wednesdays, 6:30-8:00pm
Emotional support for anyone living with cancer.
Supportive group for anyone who has a family member or friend with cancer.
Group A: Every Thursday, 6:30-8:30pm
Group B: 2nd and 4th Tuesdays, 4:00-5:00pm
Supportive group for anyone who has lost a loved one to cancer.
1st and 3rd Thursdays, 5:00-6:00pm
A space to discuss the unique challenges of post-treatment life, regardless of how much time has passed since the end of treatment
1st Wednesday of the month, 6:30-8:00pm
Join others living with cancer to explore employment concerns and challenges.
Lung Cancer Group
2nd and 4th Tuesdays, 4:00-5:00pm
Join others living with lung cancer to share experiences in a confidential and supportive environment.
Parent Grief Group
1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month, 5:00-6:00pm
This support group offers a space for parents with children under age 18 to share and discuss the challenges they face when their family has lost someone to cancer. We discuss topics such as grief reactions in kids, activities and resources for families, anger, fear, adjusting to a death, meaning-making, and more. This is a confidential group facilitated by a licensed clinician.
Parents Living with Cancer Group
2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month, 5:00-6:00pm
This support group provides a space for parents with children under age 18 to share and discuss the challenges they face when cancer is in the family. We discuss topics like communicating with your kids, family functioning, behavior changes in kids, maintaining hope, and more.
Every Thursday, 11:00-11:30am
Join us for 30 min as we use mindfulness approaches to focus on living life with thoughtfulness and intent.
Mindfulness-Based Arts Group
1st and 3rd Wednesdays, 12:00-2:00pm
Therapeutic art and mindfulness group for people living with cancer and their loved ones.
We host numerous events that educate, support and enrich our community. Join us at no cost to you!