Community Education connects those impacted by cancer to socioemotional support, educational opportunities, tools and resources, and research updates. This program covers a variety of topics, like nutrition, clinical trials, advocacy, self-care, cancer awareness, and more! We work side-by-side with other organizations to serve cancer patients, survivors, caregivers, educators, health professionals, and anyone impacted by cancer.
- Build collaborative communities by proactively sharing information, raising awareness, and discussing shared challenges that arise from being impacted by cancer.
- Spotlight community resources available through our program partners that can help people navigate their experiences with cancer.
- Empower people with information and skills that better enables them to care for themselves and their loved ones.
- Promote lifelong learning for professionals on topics related to cancer support services, awareness, and education.
Podcast, Webinars, and Continuing Education
Our podcast (enCOMPASSing cancer) and webinars cover a variety of relevant topics with expert speakers, health professionals, cancer survivors (and others!) from all across the U.S.
Explore opportunities to earn continuing education credits – coming soon!
Whether you’re living with cancer, caring for a loved one, or a survivor – this resource center is for you. We have compiled a comprehensive hub of support resources on:
- Cancer Education
- Self-care, and more!
Advocacy and Awareness
We partner with community members, schools, local organizations, and legislators to raise awareness about specific types of cancer and cancer risk factors. A few of our projects include:
- Project C.H.A.M.P
- Cancer Awareness Day events
- Tobacco and Vaping Prevention
Our Work in the South
In 2016, we expanded our program implementation to the southern United States, specifically Georgia and South Carolina. We work closely with state and local agencies to organize cancer awareness events, host cancer education workshops for teens, and facilitate capacity building for increasing HPV vaccination efforts.
Talking about cancer in the workplace is tough. We work with both employers and employees to develop meaningful plans to enhance workplace support and communication for cancer patients, survivors, and caregivers.
We can do so much more when we work together. Learn about the work we do with other community partners and please reach out if you would like to partner with us!
Tobacco Cessation Clinics
Do you need additional support with quitting smoking or vaping? We will soon be implementing smoking cessation group classes.
In the meantime, please call 1-800-QUIT-NOW (1-800-784-8669) for support.
We host numerous events that educate, support and enrich our community. Join us at no cost to you!