Community Education connects those impacted by cancer to socioemotional support, educational opportunities, tools and resources, and research updates. This program covers a variety of topics, like nutrition, clinical trials, advocacy, self-care, cancer awareness, and more! We work side-by-side with other organizations to serve cancer patients, survivors, caregivers, educators, and health professionals.
All community education events are currently being held virtually via Zoom.
- Build collaborative communities by proactively sharing information, raising awareness, and discussing shared challenges that arise from being impacted by cancer.
- Spotlight community resources available through our program partners that can help people navigate their experiences with cancer.
- Empower people with information and skills that better enables them to care for themselves and their loved ones.
- Promote lifelong learning for professionals on topics related to cancer support services, awareness, and education.
Podcast, Webinars, and Continuing Education
Sign-up to view webinars or listen to our podcast featuring presentations from expert speakers on a variety of relevant topics.
Explore opportunities to earn continuing education credits for health professionals, teachers, health educators, HR professionals, and more.
Living with Cancer, Caregiving, and Survivorship
Life can be overwhelming after a cancer diagnosis. We’re here to support you and your loved ones with resources, including:
- Caregiver Resources
- Hearing the Stories of Others
- Support Groups
Advocacy and Awareness
We work with community members to mobilize around and engage in advocacy on topics, including:
- Tobacco and Vaping
- Cancer Awareness
- Patient Advocacy
Our Work in the South
In 2016, we expanded our program implementation to the southern United States, specifically Georgia and South Carolina. We work closely with state and local agencies to organize cancer awareness events, host cancer education workshops for teens, and facilitate capacity building for increasing HPV vaccination efforts.
Partners and Resources
Our wonderful partners help make it possible for us to do the work we do. Learn more about our partners and the variety of community resources available at your fingertips.
Stay up to date on the latest Community Education events and news!
We host numerous events that educate, support and enrich our community. Join us at no cost to you!