Transforming Communication in the Workplace
Cancer Pathways has served professionals in more than 65 companies and organizations. Keep checking back for program events and activities. For more information on available resources, please contact us.
What We Do
Offered as on-site presentation or online webinar.
- Enhance understanding of cancer.
- Learn how to more effectively communicate and support those impacted by cancer.
- Webinars can be tailored to address specific topics.
Workplace 360 Feedback
Cancer Pathways works together with employers to gather input on support and resources for those impacted by cancer.
- Professional feedback opportunities to gather perspectives from survivors, caregivers, colleagues, and management.
- Results and action-based recommendations to transform communications surrounding cancer in the workplace are shared with leadership.
All support groups are facilitated by a licensed clinical social worker.
- Groups available for those living with cancer, caregiving, grieving, or returning to work.
- We help all employees impacted by cancer: Survivors, Caregivers, Colleagues, Management, and HR.
“As a manager, [this program] helped me better understand how to operate and communicate through serious illness.“
“I was just diagnosed with stage four and haven’t told anyone at work, but now thanks to your overview I think I know how to approach my boss and colleagues about my cancer without the fear of losing my job.”
“As a relatively young woman with breast cancer on an all-male team, your training helped us all better understand how to operate and communicate through awkward times since cancer isn’t going away anytime soon.”
“As a cancer survivor, I’m very thankful you explained those ‘not-visible’ signs of cancer, even after treatment. My colleagues try to be supportive but haven’t really understood.”
“The irony of working in healthcare and not knowing how to talk to colleagues affected by cancer is something we face everyday on our team. With your communication training, it allows us to be more effective.”
“Your presentation and support has significantly improved morale on our team and as a whole company.”
In the News
Listen to our interview with Warm 106.9’s Kate Daniels about Workplace Support (formerly Cancer Illuminated)