Cancer Happens® is an empowering, risk-reduction program for teens.
We work with educators, schools, and districts across the country to educate teens on cancer prevention and risk-reduction.
What We Cover:
- Basic cancer terminology and statistics
- Cancer risk factors and protective factors
- Coping and communication skills
- Family history and genetics
- Tobacco and vaping/e-cigarettes
- Human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccination
- Sun safety and skin checks
- Testicular cancer
- Breast self-awareness
- Nutrition and physical activity
- Reputable resources for teens and opportunities to get involved
How It’s Taught:
- Live Presentation: 45-50 minutes; Presented in-person or virtually by our trained health educators. Student participation and active learning is invited and encouraged!
- Online: two eLearning courses (Cancer Happens 101 and Harms of E-cigarettes and Vapes), lesson plans for grades K-12, and activities. Access Here!
Our curriculum aligns with the National Health Education Standards.
Listen in to learn more:
Interested in signing-up?
Whether you’re an educator, administrator, counselor, or parent – we would be happy to assist you with accessing Cancer Happens! Please fill out our form and we will be in touch:
Questions? Email Jana Mastrogiovanni ([email protected])